- Transportation provided by Cajun Pride Tours
- 5-hour narrated tour.
- Historical and educational tour of Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site or Oak Alley Plantation.
- Fascinating true-life stories of the Plantation workers.
Laura Plantation: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site was built in 1805.
The first plantation on Louisiana's Great River to include the stories of enslaved Africans alongside those of the owners, the fully guided experience at Laura Plantation transports guests into the the lost world of 4 generations of one Louisiana Creole family. Your visit includes a visit into the Big House, through the gardens and into the original 1840s slave quarters, in which the West-African folktales of Compair Lapin (later known in English as, "Br'er Rabbit) were recorded more than 140 years ago. Your tour also includes the newly-opened exhibit, "From the Big House to the Quarters: Slavery on Laura Plantation." This self-guided, experience allows you to learn more about the enslaved population at Laura Plantation through thematic interpretive panels that explore the division of labor, religion, family life, the enslaved men who left to fight in the Union Army during the Civil War, and an entire room filled with transaction documents.
Oak Alley Plantation was built in 1837-39. It is famous for its alley of 28 evenly spaced Live Oak trees. Oak Alley has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
5 hour narrated tour.
Historical and educational tour of Laura Plantation or Oak Alley Plantation.
Fascinating true-life stories of the Plantation workers.
Pickup available from most New Orleans, Metairie and Kenner hotels. When booking, list the name of the hotel you are staying at in the comments box. Please call to confirm if our shuttle service is available from your hotel after booking. It is best to confirm tour and time prior to departure. Reservations booked less than 24hrs prior to arrival are not guaranteed until confirmed by the vendor.
Pickup available from most New Orleans, Metairie and Kenner hotels. When booking, list the name of the hotel you are staying at in the comments box. It is best to confirm tour and time prior to departure.
Duration:Approx. 5 Hours
● Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off at select hotels
● Admission to Oak Alley or Laura: A Creole Plantation
● Guided Tour of Plantation Home
● Narrated Transportation
● Gratuities (optional)
● Due to the historic nature of the plantation, access to the second floor (the main living quarters) is by stairs only. Walking the grounds is an integral part of this experience.
● The length of this tour includes travel time.
● Children 3 & under are complimentary. (this is OAP’s policy, not Laura’s)
● Schedule and availability are subject to change. Call the number provided on your booking voucher to confirm schedule at least 24 hours prior to departure.
● Above rates are per person and include all taxes. Rates do not include gratuity to drivers and/or guides.
Customers may cancel at least 24 hours prior to their arrival date to receive a full refund minus a $5 service fee. Customers that cancel after the 24 hour period will not be eligible for a refund. If the guide calls off the tour due to weather, the tour may be rescheduled for a later time/date or a full refund will be issued. Customer may make changes to the reservation without any fees as long as it's outside the 24 hour cancellation period. No-shows will not be refunded.